Monday 15 September 2014

Trust me a little................When I say im stopping Studio Family Sessions....in favour of Lifestyle and On Location.

Each year, I check equipment, sort out Training workshops I'll be attending and try and co-ordinate them in between an already busy wedding diary.



After such a lot of use it has come time to renew my Larger Studio Items and I came to the realisation, that I have to prioritise and I enjoy sessions with young children best in their own home/environment or at Outside Locations in comparison to Studio environment. As well as the images I produce that my clients and I treasure the most, are always captured in a more natural environment than a high key studio set up.


The images that make me smile the broadest when capturing and then editing later are natural images, moments caught between families, everyday images (that you remember in your mind now) but become a little hazy in 10 years time. That image of your daughter on a stool helping blow bubbles and do washing up - fast forward to now head and shoulders above the worktops (and refusing to have anything to do with the dishes!) lol.



This being the case I am intending to stop offering Family Studio Sessions currently (this may not be a forever situation, but for the moment at least and while there is decent weather out there!). My photography is not only my passion, but it is also my full time job and sole income allowing me to provide for my children and family - happily! So I have weighed up the pros and cons, and although I may miss out on a few of you who have your heart set out on Studio Sessions - Im hoping you'll still return another time and those of you who are drawn to the type of images I produce, will have faith when I advise you on how or where is best to achieve this and with young children its very often not a studio environment.


What works for me - wont work for all, but I am at a stage in my career, where I feel happy to turn some work down in favour of  doing work I love even more, capturing some SUPER natural images...while getting to play with your family or children :-)




If Studio style images are the only ones you would like to have framed on your wall, then I accept I am not the photographer for you at this moment - but would happy to direct you to some other fabulous local photographers who could assist you. There are many of us, this being a great positive - that each and every one of us have our own style and vision for you to try and match to yours. Although please everyone, ensure you are dealing with a professional who can provide consistently good work, to a certain extent - you do get what you pay for.








All in all, for just now, I am going to concentrate on providing the type of images for clients that I LOVE to capture of my own children. So if you do like my work and want similar images of your children, trust me when I give my advice ;-) (However 'out the box' it may be....lol) And I hope to hear from some of you soon.....





No comments:

Post a Comment