Sunday 8 February 2015

Reasons to choose Angie B Photography for your 'Big Day' - Testimonials from clients

As most of you will be aware, I have been gifted the honour of being a named as the "Wedding Photographer of the Year 2015" in  The Scottish Wedding Awards 2015. This being a HUGE compliment as  there were so many other talented professionals as finalists and all suppliers are nominated by their clients, the fact that so many of my clients took the time out to compose a nomination and reasons, is the best thank you I could have received.

Below here is a compilation of testimonials (I will add to these in the future) from some previous brides and grooms who contacted me with their review to submit to SWA 2015. I wanted to share these as I find 'personal' reviews give a different insight into what I can give you....and to be honest, I just wanted to share some of the lovely words that were said, and managed to make me smile with happy tears.



KATIE AND FRASER COMB TESTIMONIAL
St. Morroes Church and Balbirnie House Hotel

I had spent a long time looking for a wedding photographer, in preparing for my wedding one of the big things I heard from friends was "find a good photographer" I'd heard horror stories of people whose grannies could've taken better pictures on the day as well as those who were basically told "this is how it will be done" and then the odd ones that found a good photographer in budget that seemed nice, only to find afterwards that to actually get their pictures was going to cost so much more than the original budget.

I have to be one of those really lucky brides that has managed to find Angie Barnard.

From our first phone call Angie instantly felt like part of our family, I was instantly at ease with her, she just got what I was looking for in my wedding photographs, basically she listened, which so many others i had talked to didn't, and in finding that I knew from that moment on I didn't have to worry.
Angie came to see us and we did a little family beach session, spent time getting to know her and allowing my little girl time to become friends with her, which if you saw the wonderful pictures she has captured of our family since that first meeting was so incredibly worth it!

After a fantastic sunny summer, come the day of my wedding the heavens opened and pretty much stayed that way for the entire day with fog to boot. I wasn't bothered to be honest, my venue had an indoor & outdoor plan in place for the reception and after all, I couldn't change the weather.
Angie had her own plan, you see what we wanted was to not know that she was really there for the service, it was a very small church that, for me, had an incredible amount of sentiment attached to it. I don't even remember seeing Angie until after the service.
Our big thing after the service was wanting to go to a wee spot and have some pictures taken by the river Tay using Dundee and the bridges as a backdrop, we live in Canada and this was just going to be the perfect place for some photos that reminded us of home. Did I mention it was monsoon season in Dundee on August 2nd? You couldn't even see the bridges so unfortunately we had to admit defeat and just head straight to our reception.

Getting my family in one place for any length of time can only be compared to herding cats and Angie managed all of this without me or my husband noticing, we spent our whole day surrounded by laughs and giggles. The whole thing about my wedding photos is I wanted to look back and see my family in the moment, no false or forced smiles, no one feeling under pressure to "get that perfect shot". Again I didn't want to know that we were having our photos taken for hours on end.
The amazing thing is, I look back now and I see myself and my dad sharing a joke on our way into the church, my husband and my brothers cracking up about something, one giant family just being themselves in the moment and that takes a special photographer, to make nearly 200 people feel like they've known her all their lives to capture those happy and extremely relaxed emotions.

The best is yet to come, so they say... After our wedding Angie emailed and offered to meet us at that extra special spot and capture those photos of us, no extra charge whenever suited us so we would get those images to have in our home here. I was blown away by her offer to do this for us, Angie is not only phenomenal photographer she is one of the most personable and kind people you could ever hope to meet. She will be taking photos for us for many years to come, she is truly deserving of the recognition in reaching 

the final nominations.




































CLAIRE AND CHRIS WISEMAN
Cairngorms Wedding 2014

Just wanted to write to thank you so much for all the help you gave us and the beautiful pictures you took. You were so helpful all the way through the process and made everything so easy and bent over backwards to help us out which was much appreciated with us having a Newborn baby around and you just worked around us and our hectic schedule which was so kind of you. The time and effort you put into our day along with listening carefully and planning of the couples images with what we were hoping to capture was so thorough that the pictures that you took were just perfect and everything if not more than we hoped for. The natural pictures from the wedding and preps just caught the day perfectly and brought back so many happy memories. We found it so hard to pick a favourite for our wall that we decided to have 2 large canvas collages made of the day with all out favourite pics both formal and natural. They have pride of place in our house and every time we walk past them we smile at the memories you so perfectly captured. And finally the package you sent to is was so thoughtful and you'd spent so much time making it up for us we were very touched. I cannot recommend you highly enough to anyone that wants a photographer for their wedding and we are so happy and glad we chose you to capture our day.




CAROLYN AND STEVE GREER
DoubleTree Hilton by Dundee 2014

“We were looking for a photographer who was able to catch natural, romantic and uncontrived photos for our big day in July 2014 and our search led us to Angie B
Photography, who did not fail to deliver. My husband is the shy, quiet type and so the
thought of posing for photos for extended periods of time did not appeal to him,
however, he should not have worried. Angie made us feel relaxed as soon as we met
her and by the end of our wedding day, she felt like part of the wedding party. We
(along with the rest of our family) loved every photo that was taken; they were exactly
what we were looking for. Angie listened to what we were hoping from our wedding
pictures and completely delivered. We were never really aware that Angie was at the
wedding and never felt as if we missed any of our big day by getting photos taken as
many brides do. Our photos were packaged and delivered beautifully and the whole
experience was fantastic, we couldn’t rate Angie B Photography highly enough”.























JIM AND MARION WATT
Brisbane House Hotel 2014


After attending several wedding fairs we came to the conclusion that many of the wedding photographers were overpriced, lacked imagination and were generally going through the motions. We discussed our disillusionment with friends and family from which we were recommended Angie Barnard who had recently photographed a colleague’s wedding.

We were looking for a contemporary photographer who was equally at home with formal and informal photos and didn’t mind staying well into the wedding reception.
After an initial meeting with Angie to discuss our thoughts and preferences, my wife and I were totally bowled over by Angie’s enthusiasm and passion for her craft. This filled us with confidence and left us in no doubt that Angie was the perfect person to photograph our wedding.

On the day of our wedding Angie arrived early and conducted a reconnaissance of the venue and the surrounding external areas. Angie and her assistant were charming, funny and friendly to all our guests, none of the formal group photographs were a chore but great fun. With our informal photos Angie captured the atmosphere by being unobtrusive, extremely flexible and very generous with her time.

The end result was beautiful formal photographs and magical informal photos which perfectly caught the atmosphere and all the key moments. My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Angie to any of our friends or family, she really was a major factor in our big day being so special.


Many Thanks Angie from Jim & Marion Watt

 


























NATALIE AND CHARLIE BEATTIE
Dunblane Cathedral and DoubleTree Hilton, Dunblane 

I was first introduced to Angie and her work through a very special family occasion - our
great gran's 90th birthday.
I fell completely in love with every single moment captured. I was even more impressed
that all these beautiful photos were taken without any of us knowing. Natural, funny,
personal moments caught without a pose! Magical!
When I became engaged a year later I didn't even question which photographer I
wanted to cover our day. The only issue I had was to make sure Angie B photography
was available. To say I was completely over the moon when Angie said she was is an
understatement!
Both my husband and I are not very keen to be photographed.
From that special day, Angie captured the most beautiful moments that my husband
and I (and the rest of our family) look through frequently. We treasure these moments
caught as they will be our memories for a lifetime.
Angie is truly a very gifted and professional photographer. I wouldn't use any other
photographer to capture our 'moments' and always highly recommend her services to everyone!



























CHRISTINE AND BRIAN BUNCH
Seaton House Hotel


I initially asked Angie to capture my evening wedding reception a week after my Maltese
wedding. The intention was to get photos of those who couldn't make it abroad &
complete the wedding album however it turned out to be more than that. We had
picked up our photos from our Maltese photographer on the last day of our holiday & I
was so bitterly disappointed - most photos looked stage, very few natural moments captured
& the kids all seemed to missing from them. So Angie to the rescue! And what a
rescue mission it had become. I loved her friendly approach to photography, everyone
felt at ease and it shone through in photos. Smiles from all angles, everyone looking so
natural & more importantly, fantastic photos of all the kids. Angie's photos now take
pride of place hanging in my hallway and I look at them with much fondness. Angie promotes
herself as family photographer - and she certainly is! We were so impressed with
her style and professionalism that she was hired by both my sister & mum to cover their
upcoming weddings. She also covered my daughters newborn photo shoot too. I never
hesitate to recommend Angie to friends or colleagues & I believe she has been booked
to cover another 3 of my friends weddings based on my positive experience & sharing
Angie's handiwork with them. If only I was to get married again, I'd hire Angie! She's
worked hard to build up her company & I'm glad Angie was there to capture the most
precious memories in my life so far.





























EMMA AND BRIAN DALZIEL

House for an Art Lover, Glasgow





Angie was fantastic to have at my wedding throughout the whole process she was on
hand for anything I might need.
I got married on 03/05/14 and haven't regretted my decision in going with angie b
photography, amazing value for money and a friendly photographer who put both me
and my husband and our family at ease throughout the day. She managed this all while
still getting the photos done in a timely fashion so we still had time to enjoy with our
guests.
The day started with Angie doing some photos at my mums house while I was getting
ready, I never at any point for her to be intrusive, she then took photos at the church
during our ceremony and then some at the venue she finished up at our first dance. The
week after our honeymoon our photos arrived In a beautifully wrapped parcel, this
contained lots of lovely sweeties and a lovely print Angie had selected for us.
The photos themselves are beautiful, lots of natural shots that I hadn't even realised
were being taken, we ordered some prints with Angie to have for some frames in our
house and we are looking forward to ordering a wedding album soon. Any inquiries with
Angie b are given a quick response and so far the qualities of the prints haven't
disappointed us. Many of our guests since the wedding have commented on how nice
our photographer was and we are only too happy to recommend Angie b photography
as it really was like having your best friend taking photos at your wedding! If I had to
make the decision again I would go with Angie every time.



EMILY AND JONNY HART
Guthrie Castle, Forfar
Angie is a true professional and ever so friendly, you instantly feel you've known her
forever! She photographed our special day perfectly, in such beautiful detail. So relaxed
and hassle free, every moment from delicate to comedic was captured for us to
treasure. We were so pleased with Angie and our images that we promptly booked our
newborn session with her! Definitely an award worthy candidate! Love from Emily,
Jonny & Little Holly Hart xx




ANGELA AND MICHAEL PAGAN
Queens Hotel, Dundee
"We booked Angie without hesitation once we decided on a date for our wedding. Angie
took the photos for my sister’s wedding the previous year and the photos were amazing
and we wanted the same professional result. Angie is so friendly and made us feel relaxed
on the day and made the formal part of the wedding shoot quite fun! She was
also very patient with the children and snapped some beautiful natural photos of them.
She really managed to capture the spirit of our special day. Professional and efficient
service from start to finish and it shows in our beautiful wedding album that we will
treasure forever. Would highly recommend!"






JADE AND AARON LOVE
Airth Castle
You made my wedding so very special and without you it wouldn’t of been the day it
was! You captured moments that I didn’t even know happened on the day and love
looking at all my pictures everyday it reminds me how special my day was and a big
part was because of you! You were great with my kids and caught some lovely images
of them! I cant thank you enough Mr and Mrs Love xxx


MR & MRS FOTHERINGHAM
Doubletree Hilton by Dundee
We can't thank Angie enough for the amazing way she helped make our wedding day
truly special. Angie is amazingly gifted & we loved how creative she was with the
surroundings of our wedding venue, our entire wedding party & the truly beautiful
photographs that she captured of our day. Angie's unique way of capturing the most
natural shots that told our true love story, spirit & energy of our day is something I will
be forever thankful for. Thank you very much Angie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment