Friday 28 February 2014

Scott Wedding - Grantown on Spey

Sometimes I get the pleasure of photographing people I know (or used to) this assignment was one of these. I had not seen Jamie (the Groom) for many, many years but we actually attended the same Primary School together. When he met his lovely bride to be - Laura, I was touched when they both contacted me for a wedding consultation. After a good chat, lots of laughter over coffee in a venue I picked, I discovered it was actually the same venue for their first date! Coincidental? I like to think not and I was just 'meant' to be their photographer!

Laura and Jamie's day, was an intimate, elegant day, centred around their love for each other, their family and their friends who are like family. I first arrived at Ravenscourt House, to find no bride! Panic? Not at all, a very calm, collected and relaxed Laura arrived after her makeup/hair session with her bridesmaid - Michelle.













Laura and Jamie, chose a very unique venue for their ceremony at Grantown Museum (what a gorgeous little building - I can see why they chose it! Just perfect for them and their guests...





Laura and Jamie's union, was not only one of a partnership for themselves, committing to each other but also as one of a new family, committing to Jonah (Jamies son and Laura's now step-son). And as such he was heavily involved in the ceremony (as he should be - it was his day too!) :-) from spreading petals, bringing a smile to everyone with his character and antics....what was  very touching to see, was the bond Jonah and Laura had formed, they both have a sincere and genuine love and appreciation for each other. What more could you ask for?




After the ceremony I took Laura and Jamie, away from their guests for half an hour, for some special, alone time and images at the Old Spey Bridge. Their happiness at getting married and at being able to sneak away for a short time alone is evident...I could continue to write about their day but will allow their images to tell their story below.....
















All in all, I wish you all - Laura, Jamie and Jonah the happiest of years to come. Thank you again, for inviting me into such a special and significant day in your lives. I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment